(1) All contracts for the supply of goods and/or other services by Smithers Information Limited (“Smithers Information”) to any person, firm or company (the “Client”, “member company” or “you” hereunder) shall be subject to these terms and conditions which shall apply to the exclusion of any terms and conditions of the Client whether in the order (for the goods/services) or in any negotiation. By placing an order with Smithers Information, Client expressly accepts Smithers Information’s terms and conditions and payment terms.
(2) No variation or amendment of these terms and conditions shall be made unless expressly agreed in writing by a duly authorised representative of Smithers Information.
(3) Smithers Information will send an acknowledgement of order as soon as it is received into the Smithers Information order system [and at this point the contract will come into existence.
(4) Credit card details and personal information is communicated using a secure internet link with SSL encryption. Smithers do not store credit card information. Smithers Information is committed to ensuring that your privacy and personal data is protected in compliance with applicable laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Visit Privacy-Policy for full details.
Conferences and Events
(1) The conference fee includes entry to the conference sessions, documentation, and appropriate refreshments. Fees do not include delegates travel and accommodation. All credit card orders are processed in USD (for events taking place in US, Canada and Latin America) and GBP or Euros’ (for events in Europe and the rest of the world) at the time the transaction is processed.
(2) Credit card payment or letter of credit as determined by Smithers Information is required for bookings for conferences to be accepted. Payment must be received in full 10 days prior to the conference. Smithers Information reserves the right to refuse conference entry if payment has not been received.
(3) Cancellations will be accepted and fees refunded (less cancellation fees as described below) only if made in writing and received more than 15 working days before the event starts.
16-30 working days inclusive – 50% cancellation fee applies
More than 30 working days before event – 25% cancellation fee applies
Bookings cannot be cancelled nor fees refunded after that time in case of non-attendance for any reason and any amounts invoiced but not yet paid will become due. Substitutions may be made at any time. Please notify the operations manager for the event. If an invoice has been issued but funds have not yet been received, the cancellation policy still applies.
(4) Sponsor and exhibitor cancellations are permitted 6 months or more prior to the event minus a 20% handling charge. No refunds can be made for any sponsor or exhibitor cancelling for any reason after this time, and full payment is still due and is non-refundable.
(5) Smithers Information does not accept liability for any loss of or damage to the personal effects of delegates attending the conference. Smithers Information’s aggregate liability to registrant, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, for any damages, loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind howsoever arising, out of or in connection with any registration in relation to a conference, whether delegate, sponsor, or exhibitor, shall be limited to the price paid by registrant attending the conference. In no event shall Smithers Information be liable to a registrant for any loss of profit, loss of damage to data, loss of anticipated savings or interest, loss of or damage to reputation or goodwill, or indirect, special, or consequential damages of any kind. Registrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Smithers Information, its parent and affiliates, and their respective employees against all loss, costs, claims or expenses of any kind arising from any act or omission by registrant during or otherwise in relation to a conference. The foregoing limitations shall be enforced to the fullest extent permitted under the governing law of this Agreement.
(6) Smithers Information reserves the right to cancel, defer or alter the proceedings without prior notice.
(7) Delegate requiring visas should request a visa invitation letter from Smithers Information at the time of registering for the event, ensuring that sufficient time is left for applications to be completed. Delegates are responsible for contacting the relevant embassy directly.
(8) Smithers Information reserves the right to make reference to delegate companies and use delegate company lists and logos in promotional material.
(9) The statements, views and opinions expressed by conference speakers, sponsors or delegates are their own and do not necessarily represent those of Smithers Information.
(10) Whether with respect to a conference or otherwise, any unauthorized use of the names, logos, trademarks or other intellectual property of Smithers Information or its affiliates is strictly prohibited.
(11) All prices are quoted and payable in USD (for events taking place in US, Canada and Latin America) and GBP or Euros (for events in Europe and the rest of the world) exclusive of shipping costs and tax which are to be paid by the Client where applicable unless specifically agreed otherwise.
(12) Different prices may be quoted to members and non-members. If the Client’s membership lapses for any reason then the price payable will be that applicable to a non-member without any apportionment in respect of the period of membership.
(13) Smithers Information shall not be held responsible for any delay or failure in performance of its obligations hereunder to the extent such delay or failure is caused by fire, flood, strike, civil, governmental or military authority, acts of God, acts of terrorism, acts of war, epidemics, the availability of a venue or other similar causes beyond its control.
(14) These terms and conditions and the rights and obligations of the parties shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio if the Agreement is with Smithers Information LLC, or the laws of England and Wales if the Agreement is with Smithers Information Limited.
Rev. May 2018
Should you have any questions, please contact us via the email at firstname.lastname@example.org