(Akron, Ohio, USA) November 1, 2023 — Smithers, a leading provider of testing, consulting, information, and compliance services, with the recent acquisition of MIL International, announces the formation of the Commodity Testing and Inspection Division.
The Commodity Testing and Inspection Division will begin as a combination of the Ssp and MIL International Smithers companies. Collectively this new division will have a global focus on:
- Quality inspections, Loading and Discharging Supervision on Solid Fuels, Ferrous Steel Scrap, Ferro Alloys, Iron Ores, Direct Reduced Iron (DRI/HBI), Metals, Minerals, Concentrates and Fertilizers
- Sampling, Sample preparation and Laboratory testing on Solid Fuels, Ferro Alloys, Iron ores and a wide range of metals and minerals
- Marine Surveys such as Draft Surveys, bunker Surveys, hold-hatch condition Surveys, on and off hire Surveys
- Gauging of inland river motor barges & push barges
- Bulk Stockpile Commodity audits, Volume and Infrared temperature measurements
As Smithers builds the Commodity Testing and Inspection Division both geographically and with the addition of different commodities, it will continue to scale operations to better serve its global clients whether through organic or acquisitive growth and by investing in talent, capital, and complementary services.
“Since the acquisition of Ssp in 2021, we are humbled by the warm welcome we have received in the commodities market,” states Michael Hochschwender, CEO, Smithers. “With the formation of this new division, we are demonstrating our commitment to focusing and growing our services offering for this industry by delivering accurate data, on time, with high touch.”
For more information about Smithers, please visit our website